Bookmark Label (optional)
Max. 20 characters
- The Church as One Body
- God’s people form local groups, called churches
- The many church members form one body – the body of Christ – with no overriding distinctions
- As one body, church members meet together
- Church members function together as one body
- The church body grows – spiritually and numerically
- Note: All God’s people together are the universal church
- Be in Unison
- Be united as one
- Live in peace and harmony with each other
- Submit to one another
- Avoid foolish controversies and quarreling
- Disagreements and quarreling cause divisions . . .
- . . . Quarreling can even cause ruin
- Sometimes disputes and differences may be necessary
- Note: Have any internal legal disputes judged by people of God
- Be in Fellowship
- Have fellowship together . . .
- . . . Believers have fellowship collectively with God and Jesus Christ
- Participate together in church activities
- Share together in the sufferings that come because of Jesus Christ
- Share together in the joy that comes in being of the church
- Share in each other’s troubles . . .
- . . . and share in each other’s joy
- Keep in touch about each other’s welfare – and keep the others informed of your own
- Note: Believers share together in spiritual blessings and privileges . . .
- . . . Believers will share together in future blessings and privileges
- Love Each Other (I): General
- Love Each Other (II): How
- Love is expressed with actions
- Love each other as Jesus Christ loved us, even laying down his life
- Love each other genuinely and earnestly
- Love each other as brothers (and sisters)
- Keep each other in your hearts . . .
- . . . Long for each other
- Greet or send greetings to each other . . .
- . . . and welcome each other
- Note: Obedience to God and other aspects of the faith are essential for love
- The Church as One Body
- Caring for the Body
- Pray for Each Other (I): General
- Pray for Each Other (II): What to Ask
- Ask that other believers will live as God wants
- Ask God to forgive them and show mercy when they do sin
- Pray for their spiritual growth and maturity
- Pray for them in their work for the kingdom, asking God to aid them in the work
- Ask God to help and take care of them
- Pronounce godly blessings on other believers . . .
- . . . Pronouncements of blessings of God’s and Jesus Christ’s presence
- Note: Prayer for the blessing and peace of Jerusalem
- Encourage Each Other
- Encourage each other
- Strengthen each other
- Encourage and strengthen each other by what you say . . .
- . . . Exhort others to continue in God’s grace
- Encourage and strengthen each other by what you do . . .
- . . . Do not do anything that will cause another to “stumble”
- Comfort each other
- Comfort those in need by visiting them
- Help Each Other
➜Major headings in: 26. Being One Body (and all of Unit F)