Over 200 million Christians in at least 60 countries are denied basic human rights solely because of their faith. (Source: World Evangelical Alliance) Every year many Christians are killed because of their faith.
Through prayer, encouragement and practical assistance we can assist and fellowship with persecuted Christians in their suffering. You can play a vital part in this through one of the organizations listed below that help persecuted Christians. Most produce regular news/prayer letters.
- Bible League International provides Bibles for persecuted Christians. It also trains national believers to plant new churches in countries of persecution.
- Christian Solidarity International works to defend religious liberty and help persecuted Christians.
- Christian Solidarity Worldwide advocates for both freedom of religion and justice for persecuted believers.
- Open Doors provides Bibles and other Christian materials, to prepare believers for persecution and equip them to maintain a witness to the Gospel.
- Religious Liberty Commission defends and aids persecuted Christians. See also www.idop.org.
- Religious Liberty Prayer Bulletin provides weekly bulletins. Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voice of the Martyrs provides Bibles, literature, radio broadcasts and other aid to help persecuted Christians spread the gospel. VOM also sends material aid.
- World Watch Monitor reports the story of Christians around the world under pressure for their faith.
- Barnabas Fund provides material and spiritual support in response to needs identified by local Christian leaders.
Then the King will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, anything you did for even the least of my people here, you also did for me.’ Matthew 25:40 NCV